I realised that I haven’t put up a recipe of my current favourite dish so here you go!
2 cloves of garlic
3 cloves of shallot
1/2 of big onion
2 tbsp of blended red chilli
peanuts (optional but recommended)
tempeh (cut into small pieces)
- Blend the chillies (however much you want – you can keep the extra in the fridge). Alternatively, you can use chilli paste but I can’t guarantee it wil be as tasty.
- Crush the shallot and garlic using pestle and mortar.
- Add oil to the pan and heat it. Fry the tempeh until golden brown.
- Take out the tempeh and put it aside.
- Fry the crushed shallot and garlic.
- Add the blended chilli and continuously stir for a few minutes.
- Add the cut big onion.
- Add the cooked tempeh back in.
- Add peanuts if you want some crunch!
- Add salt & sugar to taste.
Because this is not baking, you can adjust the measurements according to your taste. That’s why I prefer cooking rather than baking – you can just throw in anything and however much you like! Except for salt, of course.
This is absolutely delicious and if you do try to make this, let me know!
PS: more tips in the caption underneath the pictures below!